Friday, June 24, 2011

Conversations...

Little Man is an artist. I know, it comes as a shock, but look at this:

He painted our friend Gecko at The Pottery Place, choosing an inspired assortment of colors. Personally, I like the look on this guy's face. Friendly, right?

Every so often, Gecko motions me over, says: "Hey! What's new?" So I tell him a little about my day, how I've tripped and fallen, how I've gotten up and brushed off the dirt. Gecko listens patiently.
"Yeah, I get it. Totally understand. Tell me more about that." 
So I spill to him about Royal Princess -- how she asks for food and doesn't eat it. How she scrapes dinner off her plate, sploshing it onto the floor. How she's learned when Mommy says no, to just ask The Preacher; he usually gives a better answer.

"I don't buy it." 
Gecko doesn't like hearing this kind of talk. He has a soft place in his heart for Royal Princess.

Is it just me, or does he have a serious attitude all of a sudden?

Watch it, Gecko. I'm having a yard sale pretty soon, and I'm not afraid to sell. Your. Smartie. Face.

Hmmph.

With much love and affection,
Your Very Own Becki~

No comments:

Post a Comment